10 Comments Published by katitude on Monday, February 18, 2008 at 2:05 PM.
Saturday is the day when the degenerates conglomerate in the T-Dot for some poker and silliness.
The game has been moved to 8, to accommodate Astin's need for recovery on Saturday before cooking for 20.
Yes, you read right, I said 20. That is the top limit of peeps that poor Astin is willing to slave over a hot stove for; and according to the list I have there are approximately 26 people attending Eh-Vegas. Now you've seen me play poker and know how math-challenged I am, but even I can see those numbers don't work. So please let Astin or I know if you're coming for dinner or not.
And also let me know if you're coming to play pokah as we're on the cusp of needing another table, and I'd like to give the club some notice. We're at an 8pm start time, buyin is $50 + $10 (for the dealers) for T3000 with one addon of T1500 for $20. If you bust in the first hour, you can get one rebuy, $50 for another T3000.
For the Yanks who are venturing across the border, here's some bits:
- Get some Canadian cash. Most places will take $US, but as Astin has mentioned, they will bend you over and have their way with you on the exchange rate.
- Canadian money is different colours, and yes it takes some getting used to, but once you do there is zero chance of drunkenly handing the cab driver a fifty for an $18 fare and saying "keep the change" because it looked exactly the same as a twenty. Not that that's ever happened to me.
- Speaking of Canadian money, the $1 and $2 coins get heavy after a while. Re-enforce your pockets.
- Booze: we have it, but unless you're in a bar, it can only be purchased through central provincial run locations that close at 9. No point throwing a wobbly over it, that's how it is. It's better than it was, and there are people working to bring it into the new millennium, but for now, get your libations before 9. There's an LCBO by the club, and we'll make a run before the game starts.
- You may have heard the nasty rumours that we're on the metric system up here. If you're at all interested, this a good conversion site is here with some printable charts.
Friday: who knows. Astin has thrown out the names of some good restaurants and bars, all with plusses and minusses in terms of space, location, food, beer selection. Al has mentioned strip clubs. What do y'all want to do?
Saturday: recovery. brunch. shopping. whatever until 5-5:30 when we descend upon Astin's for dinner.
Sunday: recovery. brunch. Niagara Falls. whatever.