Yesterday's visit to Casino Rama went very well. I woke up late, ran around like a mad woman and somehow managed to catch the 10am bus with coffee in hand. The trip up was uneventful; it's a bit of a milk run, but hey, it's only five bucks return. I got a lot of reading done.
Put myself on both the 2/5 and 5/10 lists and waited for the first available seat. Within minutes they opened a new 2/5 limit table (Rama doesn't start NLHE until next week, finally) and I was seated.
And I just played. I didn't overthink. I didn't strategize too much. I just sat back, chatted with the table (mostly retired guys trying to get away from the family at the cottage for the day), tried not to be obvious in ogling the very attractive floor director (late 40's, lean, an accent like a London gangster and a look about him that says he knows how to treat a woman badly... *shiver), and played the cards when I got them with a simple rule...calling is for weenies. If the cards weren't good enough to raise with, I folded them.
And it was a good overall game plan - didn't get caught chasing my usual pipe dreams of one-outers hitting and river cards being in my favour. Stats for the day look something like this:
- Starting amount: $100
- Finishing amount: $175
- Most amount in front of me at any one time: $217
- Number of four flushes that rivered against me: 1
- Number of four flushes that rivered for me: 2
- Number of times I played the Hammer with reckless abandon: 3
- Number of time I won after playing the Hammer with reckless abandon: 3 (trip 7's, a hammer boat, and a fold)
- Funniest moment: the guy across from me asking if I was a Born Again Christian- he thought the golden hammer pinned to my shirt was a cross
- Least funny/most intense moment: the heated exchange that took place at the table after my hammer boat beat Old Cranky Guy's pocket kings. He called me something I didn't much like and I, well, got up in his face about it. Although things cooled when he said something to the effect that I should have been spanked more as a child and I had no reaction to that other than laughter.
- Number of pots I was allowed to steal after that (thank you yet again to the chivalrous gentlemen *grin) : 3
- Amount of the 8 hour session I spent shivering because I'd worn sandals and a t-shirt: 6.5
- Number of bloody ceasars drunk: 4 virgin, 2 regular
A good day. Think I may hit Rama again on my way up to the Muskokas this weekend to hang out at a friend's cottage. Mmmmmm...cottage and poker......